UPDATE: If we don’t fill up the Cool Bus, we’ve got a Cool Van as backup.
We’ve got a 25-person bus waiting to go to Raining Man. Leaving Portland at 2PM on Friday, Aug. 29th and returning tentatively at 8PM, Monday, Sept. 1st (Labor Day). I’ve set up seat sales on Viva Cascadia’s square market. If you would like to pay with cash, please contact Elona (at) cascadiaeducationproject.org to register. If we don’t manage to fill the bus up sufficiently, you will be notified ASAP and refunded.
Since folks in Portland ride their bikes so dang much, we figured we’d get a bus option to take up to 25 people to Finney Farm, site of the first Raining Man festival. Joe Keating of the Cool Bus has offered to take us there, but the cost is $1300 (total). So…what that breaks down to is $52/person. What we’d like to see is a few people who are unable to make that full cost attend as well, so we’re asking folks who have the means to pay a full $60 for the ride there and back. The schedule looks great so we hope you can make it!
• transport cost: $60 (contact Elona if you are in financial hardship. elona AT cascadiaeducationproject.org)
• Food: please bring your own food for the full trip. There is a grocery store about 1/2 an hour away
• Camping: Bring all your necessary camping gear to sleep under the stars for a few nights.
• Pets: no pets, please. The farm has put their foot down on this one.
• Respect the sober spaces. Otherwise, be mindful and respectful if indulging.
• Donation to the event: $35. No one turned away for lack of funds. ??For all other information, visit rainingman2014.org